This website is home to a grassroots effort to honor Willie Mays by calling the Giants' lovely stadium Mays Field.
Although a certain Texas phone company bought the stadium's naming
rights, they can't buy our speaking rights, and we believe that Mays Field
is superior to
Pac Bell SBC AT&T Park in every way. Not only does it honor San
Francisco's rich baseball history, it also just sounds better. Way better. No contest, even.
So how can you get involved?
- Subscribe to our feed.
- Join our email group.
- Join us on MySpace: Mays Field and Mays Field Maniacs.
- Post photos tagged "maysfield" to Flickr, and we'll post them here.
- Print out and display some Mays Field directional signs or Game Day Flyers.
- Sign our open letter to AT&T management.
- Buy a Mays Field T-shirt ($15) or get a FREE bumper sticker. See details in the right-hand sidebar.
We also get together in person whenever we can, particularly during the season. Watch this site and the email group for announcements about our next
meeting rally party.
Say Hey! Say Mays Field!